Smoke detector alerts homeowners to an RV on fire in their garage

Early this morning, a homeowner in the Les Springs sub-division of West Sedona was awakened by the sound of a smoke detector and discovered an RV in his garage was on fire. Fire Marshal Jon Davis says the homeowner called 911, then pulled the RV out of the garage. When crews arrived they extinguished the fire and removed smoke from the structure. Davis says the smoke alarms alerted the occupants of the building before the fire could even activate the homes fire sprinkler system.Davis says the cause of the fire was traced to the RV’s refrigeration unit. Damage to the RV was estimated at $4000 dollars. No injuries were reported.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here