Calendar of Events
Curbside collection of bulky items that are too big for regular trash pickup begins Monday, March 25. This residential collection service includes items such as furniture, mattresses, carpeting, bundled or bagged yard debris and other large household items. Solid waste collection crews will sweep through neighborhoods one time only, and the route will be completed by Friday each week.
Curbside Collection Schedule
Monday routes begin the week of March 25
Tuesday routes begin the week of April 1
Wednesday routes begin the week of April 8
Thursday routes begin the week of April 15
Friday routes begin the week of April 22
All items must be placed on the curb by 6:00 am.
Preparing for Bulk Item Collection
- All materials must be bagged, boxed or bundled for collection.
- Tree limbs and lumber must be cut to four foot (4’) lengths and tied.
- Items must not weigh more than 75 pounds.
- Appliances containing, or which have contained CFC’s (Freon), must be accompanied by a certificate from a licensed professional stating that the CFC’s have been evacuated. Compressors and motors must be removed.
- No tires, motor oil or lead acid type batteries will be collected.
- No liquid paint, pesticides or other household hazardous waste will be collected.
- No contractor or demolition debris will be collected.
For further information, contact the City of Prescott Solid Waste Division at 928-777-1116.