The Board of the Verde Valley Farmers’ Market is planning for the opening day of the Market to be Saturday, May 15, 2021. Hours will be 8am-11am. This will mark the 18th consecutive year of the market’s operation. The Market is expected to run through October 2, 2021.
It is currently anticipated the Market will open with the same requirements as last season:
- The Market will have only one entrance and exit that will be clearly marked. The entry will be staffed by an individual who will limit customers in the Market area to no more than 20 customers at a time. Customers will be asked to wait in an orderly line outside the Market at appropriate social distances.
- Customer Precautions will be posted at the Market entrance.
- Customers will be required to wear a mask, regardless of having been vaccinated.
- Customers will be required to sanitize their hands/gloves with provided hand sanitizer before entering the Market or wash their hands with soap at the wash station.
- Vendor tables will be separated by at least 6 feet.
- The Market will have a hand wash stations with jugs, basins, soap, single-use paper towels, a trash bin, hand sanitizer and spray bleach for sanitizing.
- No vendor sampling of food or sale/consumption of food will be allowed at the Market
- Pets, with the exception of service animals, will not be allowed.
- The Board will continue to closely monitor CDC Guidelines for Grocery and Food Retail Workers and the Yavapai County Health Department guidelines for Farmers Markets.
Jane Davies, Market Manager stated, “With our vendors and customers cooperating together, once again, we can make our Market work!”
The market is also committed to creating a healthier planet earth. For the last three seasons the market has offered reusable cloth bags to their shoppers. The same will apply this year.
The Verde Valley Farmer’s Market is located in downtown Camp Verde, AZ on Hollamon Street in the Ramada across the street from Historic Fort Verde. Due to social distancing, vendor spaces are limited this year. If you are a local grower, though, and are interested in information on how to become a 2021 season vendor, contact Market Manager, Jane Davies at (928) 634-7077.