7401 East Civic Circle
Prescott Valley Public Library (7401 East Civic Circle) will be hosting the next in our VA Workshops. The topic is “Whole Health & Enrollment”. The workshop will be held January 8, 2019 @ 5 – 6:30 pm in the Glassford Hill Room. There will be an additional ½ hour after the presentation for questions. The speakers will be Kristy A. Romero, BSN, RN, CRRN, CHPN (Restorative Care Coordinator) and Jose Lujan (TCM Eligibility Officer). Highlights on Whole Health:
- It’s a radical redesign of health care at the VA that places the veteran in the driver’s seat to empower and equip them to discover their own path to health and well-being
- VA facilities are taking the lead to explore and implement what it means to shift from a disease care system to a partnership spanning the lifetime of the veteran focusing on whole health.
- Whole Health partners with veteran peers, Veterans and their families to explore the veterans mission, aspiration and purpose to which they can use to develop their own personal health plan.
- Whole Health focuses on self-care, skill building and support. Emphasis is placed on determining and developing SMART goals.
- Me + Self Care + Professional Care + Community = Whole Health
- Circle of Health
o Starts with ME
o Mindful Awareness
o 8 Key Components
Working Your Body
Food and Drink
Family, Friends, Co-workers
Spirit and Soul
Power of the Mind
- Available Programs at NAVAHCS
o Whole Health Orientation – 2 hour class
o Whole Health 1:1 Coaching – by appointment
o Take Charge of My Life and Health – more in depth 1.5 hour class weekly for 9 weeks
Veterans can learn about eligibility and even enroll in VA Healthcare. Hear about services that are available for Veterans and their family members. Empower yourself and discover your own path to health and well-being.
No registration is required. If you have any questions please call 928-759-3040
Tuesday, January 8, 2019
5 – 6:30 pm
Glassford Hill Room