Prescott home destroyed by fire/family forced out

Early Thursday morning, a Prescott family was forced out of their home due to a fire. Prescott Fire Marshal Don Devendorf says the 911 call reported a garage fire in the Pinon Oaks subdivision. Upon arrival, crews reported a 2500 square foot home was on fire with heavy smoke and flames coming from the 3-car attached garage. Devendorf says due to the fire already very involved and with the attic completely consumed by fire, crews fought the fire defensively. The daughter woke up to the sound of the fire and alerted her parents and all escaped safely. He says they located a melted trashcan in the garage where the homeowner had discarded oily rags, solvent and mineral spirits after working on one of his vehicles. Devendorf says while it’s believed that spontaneous heating of the rags may have been the cause of the fire, further investigation is needed. Damage from the fire is estimated at $500,000.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here